Our location on the National Mall will reopened on Friday, July 30. Standard operating hours will be Thursday – Monday, from 10:00 am – 5:30 pm. As stated above, timed-entry passes will not be required. The Museum’s entrance on the Mall will be open. The Independence Avenue entrance remains closed for renovation.
- Simulator rides and virtual reality experiences will be open.
- Our Explainers will be on hand daily to conduct science experiments and other STEM-based presentations.
- Tours will not available at this time.
- The Phoebe Waterman Haas Observatory will be closed.
- Food service is also will also not be available.
Pardon Our Dust
Please note that a limited number galleries will be open, as we continue our multi-year building renovation. Due to space closures museum capacity will be limited, so visitors may need to join entry lines at busy times. Open galleries will include: Boeing Milestones of Flight Hall, Explore the Universe, Moving Beyond Earth, Space Race, Wright Brothers and the Invention of the Aerial Age, and Time and Navigation. See our progress on our Flickr page.
Story credit: Smithsonian National Air & Space Museum