Virginia Warbird Weekend (June 19 and 20)
June 19 @ 9:00 am - June 20 @ 5:00 pm
See the Military Aviation Museum’s collection of World War II aircraft inflight at the first of our 2021 airshow events.
About this Event
June 19 and 20, 2021 • Gates Open 9:00am – 5:00pm
We invite you to join us at the Military Aviation Museum as we bring a WWII Airfield to life all around you. See our world class collection of WWII aircraft in flight!
A squadron of vintage military aircraft from around the world will be coming together for a weekend of demonstrations and other exciting activities on June 19 and 20. This safe, socially distant, outdoor event will be packed with family fun for all!
Enjoy 1940s-style entertainers along the flight line as you watch an unrivaled collection of military aircraft in action! This year our focus is on celebrating the special connection between our Hampton Roads community and Naval Aviation. Guests will be able to enjoy demonstrations of some of WWII’s most famous fighters and bombers. Demonstrations will also include aircraft designs from over 100 years ago, at the birth of Naval Aviation.
World War II and Korean War Veterans and one guest receive free admission, special parking, & seating in a designated veterans’ area. (Preregistration is requested at https://forms.gle/vG1xNdxU294gasR4A )
Gates Open at 9:00 am, flying demonstrations begin at 10:30 am and continue throughout the day. Living History Groups from across the region, as well as live musical acts will be featured all day. Gates close at 5:00pm
Buy your tickets now to save more than 10%! (click here to purchase tickets) Day-of ticket prices will increase! For more information, please call 757 721 7767
- Living History Participant Registration: https://forms.gle/rE9kDhdiqdNqHZ318
- WWII / Korean War Veteran Pre-Registration: https://forms.gle/vG1xNdxU294gasR4A
Please note that this event is rain or shine, and that performing aircraft are subject to change without notice. Flying performances are weather and maintenance dependent, and may be cancelled or substituted for ground demonstrations as necessary.
Event admissions support the Museum and its efforts to Keep ‘em Flying. In the event that state regulations change, preventing the event from being held on the specified dates, tickets will be honored for new dates, but refunds will only be considered on a case by case basis.
- State guidelines for mask usage will be followed across the event property, with a 10 foot safety cordon around any un-masked performers.
- The show will be making an effort to reduce points of congestion and congregation. With that in mind, not all Museum facilities will be accessible to attendees.
- We are asking all guests to continue practicing social distancing, by remaining at least 6 feet away from visitors outside of your household or travel group.
- No one with a fever or symptoms of COVID 19, or a known exposure to a COVID 19 case in the prior 14 days will be permitted onto the grounds.
- Handwashing and sanitization stations will be available across the venue.
BY ATTENDING OUR EVENTS, YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT THE MILITARY AVIATION MUSEUM, ANYONE ACTING ON BEHALF OF THE MILITARY AVIATION MUSEUM, AND THE MILITARY AVIATION MUSEUM’S LICENSEES, SUCCESSORS, AND ASSIGNS, SHALL HAVE THE RIGHT, WHERE PERMITTED BY LAW, TO PRINT, PUBLISH, BROADCAST, DISTRIBUTE, AND USE IN ANY MEDIA NOW KNOWN OR HEREAFTER DEVELOPED, IN PERPETUITY AND THROUGHOUT THE WORLD, WITHOUT LIMITATION, YOUR ENTRY, NAME, PORTRAIT, PICTURE, VOICE, LIKENESS, IMAGE, STATEMENTS ABOUT THE EVENT, AND BIOGRAPHICAL INFORMATION FOR NEWS, PUBLICITY, INFORMATION, TRADE, ADVERTISING, PUBLIC RELATIONS, AND PROMOTIONAL PURPOSES, WITHOUT ANY FURTHER COMPENSATION, NOTICE, REVIEW, OR CONSENT. BY ATTENDING AN EVENT AT THE MILITARY AVIATION MUSEUM, YOU REPRESENT AND WARRANT THAT YOUR ENTRY IS AN ORIGINAL WORK OF AUTHORSHIP, AND DOES NOT VIOLATE ANY THIRD PARTY’S PROPRIETARY OR INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS. SHOULD YOU DISAGREE TO ANY OF THE ABOVE, PLEASE CONTACT THE MILITARY AVIATION MUSEUM TO PROCESS THIS REQUEST.